9. Scream 3

9. Scream 3



Plot: On the set of Stab 3 (the movie in the movie about the movie) a new ghostface killer begins stalking the cast and taking them out, once again Sidney, Dewey and Gale unite to take down the killer.


My thoughts: I saw this one in theaters on a date with my now wife, I'm surprised she is still with me. It was one of the worst cinema going experiences, people screamed at unscary things and laughed at unfunny stuff and talked over the rest. This was one of the films that killed my watching horror in theaters I just can't stand the audience. This is the first time I've watched this film since then and I had forgotten most of it, I remembered the big twist but had forgotten the killer don't worry so will you. This is the most meta of all the movies and the least enjoyable, it too often veers into spoof territory and becomes silly. There is plenty of room for silly in my horror, you can't be a fan of Bruce Campbell without having room for silly but this is just out of place and clumsy. I'm hoping Scream 4 or excuse me Scre4m is better, this is the first not recommend of this 100.

Comments

  1. I saw this on opening night. Actually stood in line almost an hour for a ticket. My theater experience was identical to yours. To me, this movie is just awful. I was very disappointed in Craven for even making it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purple People Eater