83. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

83. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Rotten Tomatoes: 100%   IMDB: 8
Plot: A 1920 German silent film about a mystic controlling a sleep walker he forces to commit murder.



My Thoughts: One of the earliest horror films and I certainly appreciate the odd angles and tone of this film. I just don't like silent movies. I guess I'm neither hipster or snobbish enough to proclaim a love for them. I do like how everything in this movie is a bit off and the reveal of the characters all being in a mental hospital is a nice touch that explains why the film is so demented but still not that great, certainly not a 100 on Rotten Tomatoes, it feels like one of those things where critics are scared to not like it so they over like it. It doesn't hold up and the soundtrack is awful, much like Nosferatu I switched over to a soundtrack of my own and listened to Marilyn Manson which suited the film pretty well. Between the two Nosferatu delivers more than this one. Pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple People Eater