68. Room 237

68. Room 237

Rotten Tomatoes: 93%   IMDB: 6.4

Plot: A documentary examining Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and all the possible meanings with in.



My Thoughts: Full disclosure, The Shining is my favorite horror film and I consider Kubrick to be a god among men, he is unrivaled in my esteem when it comes to film. The theories presented here range from the likely, the native american connection, to the ridiculous, confession of faking the moon landing footage. What is great is listening to the talking heads present their ideas as you watch the footage they reference, my favorite scenes are when they show the film over laying itself playing forwards and backwards simultaneously and the great imagery it provides. If nothing else it really makes you want to watch The Shining again. I recommend this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple People Eater