26. Dante's Inferno

26. Dante's Inferno

Rotten Tomato Score: NA     IMDB Score: 6.4

Plot: In this retelling of the epic poem Dante is a knight who has returned from the crusades to find his family murdered and his beloved Beatrice whisked to hell by Lucifer. Dante heads into the nine circles with death's scythe to chew bubble gum and kick ass and he is all out of bubble gum. This is a tie in to a video game of the same name released on the same day.



My thoughts: I came to this one our of curiosity, I have not played the game but as a fan of the Inferno I was curious to see it as an action adventure movie. There were some things to like, I enjoyed the idea of it I thought it was  an original take on an old tale. I also liked the character designs, they had an anime flair without going too far. All that being said, I think it probably works better as a game than as a movie. It's uneven and underdeveloped. I know death's Scythe has mystic properties but I'm just not into seeing weapons that stretch out for miles and then shrink back down. If you like the game you'll most likely enjoy this I don't recommend it otherwise. I do recommend this version however it is made entirely with paper puppets http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479008/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple People Eater