66. Mama

66. Mama

Rotten Tomatoes: 66%   IMDB: 6.3

Plot: After being left alone in a cabin in the woods for years two little girls are given to their uncle to take care of them, but were they really alone?



My Thoughts: Honestly I had a hard time staying awake through this one, it was predictable and offered nothing new. The ghost design was poor CGI and was basically a J-Horror style ghost with long dark hair, wide empty eyes and screaming face, and when it would actually walk instead of ooze along the ground it had the jerky movements of the ghosts in the House on Haunted Hill remake and Silent Hill video game series. I love Del Toro but I have been less than impressed with the titles he has produced, I think he tries to give the filmmakers complete reign which I respect but I think they could use his guiding hand the same as Spielberg has done for young directors he produced. The ending was a bit of a surprise and I liked that but it wasn't worth the rest of the film to get there, skip this and watch the short that inspired it. I'm including the short here to save you watching the rest of the film. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple People Eater